- Work for one of the leading Public Service + Education builders in the Ohio
- Opportunity to be apart of major education, healthcare, and commercial projects
About Our Client
Growing every year, our client is a well-established General Contractor in Ohio. They have been in the industry for 25+ years and have been ranked as one of the best places to work. By putting "people over profit", employee satisfaction is one of their top priorities, so they offer great benefits, compensation packages, and a variety of other perks. If you are looking to join a successful company, with strong values and a collaborative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you!
- Project Locations: Mainly Columbus Area
- Design/build + self-perform capabilities
- Family oriented culture
- Solid leadership out of top general contractors
- Hands off management approach
- Great relationships with subcontractors
- Project portfolio includes: Education, Municipal, and a few Special Projects
The responsibilities of the Superintendent include:
- Oversee all phases of the construction project through completion
- Run day-to-day operations on the construction site and control the schedule
- Coordinate and manage all subcontractors
- Coordinate with office staff for timely completion of project
- Attend owner meetings and report back on progress of project
- Assist in the preparation of RFIs, providing recommended solutions for consideration.
- Seek opportunities to enhance project efficiency.
- Manage efficient & timely project close-out including punch list completion, as-built review, attic stock demobilization, etc.
- Maintain current OSHA required certifications (30-hour, CPR, scaffold, etc.)
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in construction projects with extensive knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management.
- TI and ground-up experience (Preferably with diverse project experience)
- Proven track record of effectively and efficiently managing job sites
- Experience maintaining and creating a schedule
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes and standards
- Knowledge of corporate and OSHA safety policies and emergency procedures
- Ability to read drawings and specifications, with an understanding of architectural, mechanical, and electrical drawings and how to find information
- OSHA 30 hour
- Must successfully complete a drug screen, background check and motor vehicle report.
If you're a team-oriented Superintendent looking for a great culture + stability, apply immediately to get the best shot at being considered.
What's on Offer
- Above market base salary (dependent upon experience)
- 401k with employer match
- Comprehensive benefits including health/dental/vision
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based
- Robust career advancement opportunity
- 2-3 weeks PTO, paid holidays and sick time
- Strong training programs
- Opportunity to join a well known brand that continues to expand throughout the state.