- Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Base Salary
About Our Client
My client has been in business for over 100 years and is a regional Construction Manager, General Contractor, Design/Builder & Green Builder serving the Mid-Atlantic & Northeast Regions. They specialize in commercial construction projects for education, healthcare, senior living, commercial, industrial, manufacturing, rec centers, cultural, religious, historic preservation, public school districts, federal, military and corrections.
- Primary liaison with owners/ architects/ engineers for the day-to-day construction activities of the project.
- Develop and implement overall project work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Lead, supervising and developing all the company's field staff, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Develop and managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with company standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Manage and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work among all trades to promote and coordinate project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage labor relations with subcontractors and company trade staff.
- Implement mock-ups and associated testing, review and approval.
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project. Acting as liaison to inspection agencies.
- Perform in the capacity of Stormwater Compliance Coordinator (SCC) in accordance with the company's Stormwater Compliance Program.
- Manage the General Conditions and General Requirements (Back Page) for the project to maintain budget.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to Work-In-Place (WIP) and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- At least eight years of building construction experience required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Four years' experience as a superintendent is required, with at least a full project term at the Project Superintendent level.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general and subcontract documents, drawings, specifications, construction means, methods and materials, understanding of line and grade and survey methods.
- Knowledge of construction cost control and basic accounting procedures.
- Computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project. Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Truck allowance
- Cell phone and laptop
- Paid time off and sick days
- Excellent benefits - health, medical, vision, and dental
- 401k plan available