Superintendent - Ground Up Construction
Reputable & Stable Pacific Northwest General Contractor
Diverse project portfolio with strong client relationships
About Our Client
My client has been in business for over 70 years in the Spokane area with a strong reputation for customer satisfaction. The contractor has consistently been named one of the top contracting companies in Washington. With a diverse project portfolio across the market the company has a strong backlog in Commercial Construction.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Provides pre-development input of construction techniques and job cost.
- Coordinate pre-construction meetings with each trade partner prior to execution of work to set expectations.
- Conducts material take-off prior to construction to schedule subcontractors, purchase order deliveries, and verify quantities.
- Creates final project schedule along with the Director of Construction and assist with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Maintain and update project master schedule and look ahead schedules weekly.
- Aids in compilation of and review all subcontractor scopes to reduce scope gaps and minimize risk of potential change orders.
- Supervises and resolves subcontractor disputes and monitors quality of workmanship and materials on project.
- Oversees subcontractor submittals with construction and development teams.
- Maintains daily and weekly status of safety reports on project for supervisory review.
- Directly supervises the activities of the Superintendent, Finish Superintendent, Field Engineer, and general labor.
- Creates and maintains site logistics plan.
- Ensures record drawings & SWPPP/BMP progress maps maintained.
- Prepares and maintains the detailed daily work log with all categories reviewed and filled out.
- Creates and manages RFI's.
- Monitors execution of pre punch lists, contractor punch, owner punch & quality control throughout the process.
- Oversees project photos are regularly taken.
- Organizes and executes weekly schedule and safety meetings with subcontractors.
- Provides construction status at OAC meetings.
The Successful Applicant
- Field Construction background is required.
- Extensive Commercial Project background with proven ability to lead the team
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing. (MS Word, MS Excel, MS projects, Bluebeam, and Procore)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver's license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary + annual bonus + Project completion bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Vacation, sick, holidays, and person days
- Truck, gas card, computer allowances