Superintendent - Ground Up - Warehouse/Industrial work
Join an expanding team that has 30 years in the market
Work on complex ground up warehouse facilities throughout MA
About Our Client
My client is a mid-sized general contractor that has been established in the Boston construction market for nearly 30 years. They offer a range of services, from construction management, ground up building, pre-con, and design-build. They do a variety of ground up construction, with a specific focus within the manufacturing/warehouse, commercial office, life science/technology, and retail markets. With a number of projects scheduled to break ground, they are looking for a Superintendent to join their expanding team.
As a Superintendent, you will be responsible for:
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the project's building officials and inspectors and is responsible for scheduling all required jurisdictional inspections and testing.
- Identifies and makes recommendations to Project Manager regarding project risks including safety/loss control, subcontractor/supplier issues, site conditions and logistics, scheduling, change orders, and document conflicts.
- Supervises and monitors work of all hired trades and MCRT punch carpenters and laborers.
- Reviews all subcontractor and vendor progress payment requests prior to the final processing of billing.
- Provides noticing to all non-performing sub-contractors and when and where necessary requests termination and the hiring of replacements.
- Prepares punch lists and ensures completion of all related work prior to inspections and product acceptance.
- Inspects subcontractor's work to ensure that it meets subcontracted obligations
- Creates, maintains and updates project schedules as they relate to work in progress and completion of the project. Distributes schedule updates to the project subcontractors and vendors and provides schedule updates to the MCRT project team. Ensures tasks are finished accordingly.
- Holds effective weekly safety and subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Ensures the timely ordering, delivery and storage of materials and parts necessary to construct and complete the project in accordance with the project schedule.
- Monitors subcontractor compliance with project safety policies and program. Manages the site condition to ensure a safe work environment.
- Reviews plans in order to identify mistakes and inconsistencies and makes recommendations on how to resolve such issues.
- Ensures duties not contracted out are being completed by other means.
- Ensures that documentation and paperwork are organized within the filing system set forth by Company policies and practices.
- Works with Company hired third party consultants and inspectors. Schedules third party inspections of work in progress and ensures responses to any exceptions or punch list items noted by the consultants and inspectors.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as safety, non-discrimination, QA/QC, and harassment prevention.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Superintendent candidate will have:
- 5+ years of superintendent experience in the commercial construction space
- Experience supervising ground up construction projects
- Experience working in warehouse/industrial preferred
- Ability to communicate with subcontractors and other project team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Ability to mulitask
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Apply today for immediate consideration!
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Monthly car allowance and/or company vehicle
- 3 weeks PTO