Superintendent (Ground up)
Great growth opportunity, brand new office
Family orientated environment with development arm
About Our Client
Our client is a General Contractor, Real Estate Developer, and Property Manager based in Southern Minnesota, with a growing satellite office in the Uptown area of Minneapolis.
- Revenue is steadily increased (2018 was $25M/year, projected to do $40M this year)
- Their portfolio includes all commercial building types including office, industrial, educational, religious, multi-family, and historical
- 16 employees
- Projects include a $22M Mixed use development in the metro
- Assist in the development of the Master Project Schedule.
- Schedule all trade & manpower activities for efficient work flow.
- Attend pre-bid meetings & walk-throughs, as required.
- Attend trade contractor scope reviews prior to trade award.
- Track long lead items & material procurement.
- Enforce all OSHA safety rules.
- Prepare & distribute focus schedules.
- Coordinate all required inspections (municipal, material, etc.).
- Identify schedule slippage & provide a recovery plan.
- Prepare & distribute detailed Daily Construction Reports (DCRs).
- Host weekly subcontractor coordination meetings & provide detailed meeting minutes.
- Hold start-up meetings with subcontractors to review scope of work, schedule & safety requirements.
- Support logistics planning.
- Manage QA / QC program, including inspecting & approving the work product.
- Assist in the preparation of RFIs, providing recommended solutions for consideration.
- Seek opportunities to enhance project efficiency.
- Manage efficient & timely project close-out including punch list completion, as-built review, attic stock demobilization, etc.
- Maintain current OSHA required certifications (30-hour, CPR, scaffold, etc.
The Successful Applicant
- 2+ years of experience in Construction
- TI and ground-up experience (Preferably with diverse project experience)
- Easy going, self-motivated
- Proficient in the entire Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Project)
- Proven track record of effectively and efficiently managing job sites
- Strong management ability
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $85,000-$110,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Bonus Opportunity (Based on project performance, once profit is met, there is a 10% pay out)
- Health Benefits-COMPANY PAYS 100% for Employee and dependents
- Vehicle allowance ($500/month)
- Profit sharing (up to 15%)
- PTO-15 days with paid holidays