Superintendent - Large Commercial Construction Projects
Join reputable GC/CM working on high profile commercial developments
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits ($150K+ package)
About Our Client
My client is a leading mid-sized GC/CM based South of Boston, specializing in large scale/high-profile multifamily, assisted living, commercial, and life science work throughout the Greater Boston region. They are currently hiring for multiple projects within their business (woodframe/multifamily, assisted living, and office/life science spaces) throughout the area. Looking for experienced Construction Superintendents with ability to run projects start to finish and manage field crews.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As a Superintendent, you will be responsible for:
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the project's building officials and inspectors and is responsible for scheduling all required jurisdictional inspections and testing.
- Identifies and makes recommendations to Project Manager regarding project risks including safety/loss control, subcontractor/supplier issues, site conditions and logistics, scheduling, change orders, and document conflicts.
- Supervises and monitors work of all hired trades and MCRT punch carpenters and laborers.
- Reviews all subcontractor and vendor progress payment requests prior to the final processing of billing.
- Provides noticing to all non-performing sub-contractors and when and where necessary requests termination and the hiring of replacements.
- Prepares punch lists and ensures completion of all related work prior to inspections and product acceptance.
- Inspects subcontractor's work to ensure that it meets subcontracted obligations and Mill Creek quality standards.
- Creates, maintains and updates project schedules as they relate to work in progress and completion of the project. Distributes schedule updates to the project subcontractors and vendors and provides schedule updates to the MCRT project team. Ensures tasks are finished accordingly.
- Holds effective weekly safety and subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Ensures the timely ordering, delivery and storage of materials and parts necessary to construct and complete the project in accordance with the project schedule.
- Monitors subcontractor compliance with project safety policies and program. Manages the site condition to ensure a safe work environment.
- Reviews plans in order to identify mistakes and inconsistencies and makes recommendations on how to resolve such issues.
- Ensures duties not contracted out are being completed by other means.
- Ensures that documentation and paperwork are organized within the filing system set forth by Company policies and practices.
- Works with Company hired third party consultants and inspectors. Schedules third party inspections of work in progress and ensures responses to any exceptions or punch list items noted by the consultants and inspectors.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as safety, non-discrimination, QA/QC, and harassment prevention.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Superintendent candidate will have:
- 5-10+ years of superintendent experience in the commercial construction space
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Ground up construction experience $10M+
- Ability to communicate with subcontractors and other project team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Ability to mulitask
- Strong communication and interpersonnel skills
Apply today for immediate consideration!
What's on Offer
This Superintendent will receive:
- Competitive base salary (up to $150,000_
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 2-3 weeks of PTO
- Monthly vehicle allowance $500+
- Weekly gas allowance/monthly auto allowance
- 401K with match