- Birmingham, AL based GC - Southeast travel required
- 5+ years of experience!
About Our Client
Listed among the ENR's top 100 construction companies nationwide, with specialties including big box retail, warehouse distribution, and manufacturing projects.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Primary duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for directly managing the construction and activities associated with the field operations of a commercial construction project.
- Bringing the project to completion on schedule, within budget, and per the project specifications.
- Enforce all safety, quality, and SWPPP control policies.
- Follow all company policies and regulations.
- Collaborate with the project management team in preparing a schedule of construction, organization structure, and construction equipment requirements of the project.
- Direct coordination of subcontractor on site activities.
- Assure that adequate manpower is provided as required to meet construction schedules.
- Analyze, and provide necessary equipment required to utilize manpower efficiently, release equipment when not required.
- Perform material and quantity estimates for each phase of work.
- Manage the construction project to meet the required specifications in the allotted time.
- Facilitate the activities of superintendents and/or foremen in the performance of their regular duties subcontracted.
- Assist the project manager/engineer in their duties which include prompt shipment of materials and equipment, obtaining approvals of shop drawings and material samples, and preparing and submitting all change orders.
- Inform all supervisors and subcontractors of construction schedule changes.
- Evaluate all change orders with the project management team.
- Assist in the preparation of all job progress reports.
- Review and approve all requisitions, field purchase orders, invoices, progress payment requests, and other significant reports and documents.
- Collaborate with the architects or owner representatives, and local municipality personnel on an amicable basis.
- Inform the project manager regularly of the progress, plans, and problems that could affect costs or schedules.
- Maintain daily progress reports of significant project facts, events, conditions, visitors, owner representative contacts, commitments, agreements and approvals.
- Carry out any additional responsibilities set forth by the project manager.
The Successful Applicant
- Five (5) plus years working as a construction superintendent
- Ability to make decisions under tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
- Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict.
- Adhere to all company policies and regulations.
- Computer Skills: proficiency using Procore, Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project.
- OSHA 30 hour training.
- SWPPP training.
What's on Offer
- Medical, prescription & dental benefits, life insurance
- 401(k) retirement program
- Profit Sharing
- Wellness Program
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Living expenses paid while traveling
- Truck allowance
- Potential Bonus opportunity