- Base Salary up to $110,000 with competitive benefits, bonus, and profit share!
- Great Career Progression!
About Our Client
Our client is an award winning residential builder/developer, they are seeking a Construction Superintendent to support the vertical construction of our production townhome product in the Washington Metropolitan Area. In this position, you will schedule residential construction projects to ensure on-time delivery with the highest quality standards. You will coordinate the schedule of each phase of construction and delivery of services from appropriate subcontractors, order all materials, and monitor all schedules for front and/or finish end segments of a construction project. Advanced knowledge of residential construction procedures, trade practices, project scheduling, safety procedures required.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Schedule a construction project to ensure on-time delivery and the highest quality standards.
- Schedule all trades and supervise work for all vertical construction activities for our production townhome to include all front and finish end segments including rough-in, drywall finishes, all interior finish work, and exterior finish work. Provide written schedule for each trade.
- Order and schedule the necessary materials for subcontractors to start and complete their designated responsibilities and ensure proper tracking using the material delivery schedule.
- Oversee subcontractors work to include daily walk-throughs of all units to record status and identify defects. Ensure proper communication and coordination with subcontractors to address issues.
- Effectively work with subcontractors and enforce company quality standards and code throughout the production cycle.
- Coordinate with EYA home office staff (procurement, architecture, sales, etc.) to ensure homes are built to reflect design and quality standards and settlement schedule. Ensure all change orders are coordinated with staff and subcontractors.
- Ensure all building inspections are conducted appropriately and on-time
- Schedule and conduct pre-drywall and pre-settlement orientation walk-through with homebuyers. Prepare and service punch list items requiring repair.
- Utilize our project management software, Procore, to manage all documents, RFIs, submittals, correspondence, and other activities.
- Uphold all safety procedures to ensure a safe work environment for all employees, subcontractors and customers.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5 years experience in residential construction. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of construction procedures, trade practices, building codes, project scheduling, project cost control, safety procedures, and coordination of production residential projects.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple project at one time
- Must be able to work within a system but be able to solve unforeseen problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to keep detailed documentation
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- High energy level
What's on Offer
Comprehensive health and wellness programs that allow you to choose from various plan options to best meet your family's needs. These programs include
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
Building Financial Security
- Company-Matched 401(k)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Discounts on the Purchase of EYA Homes
- Transportation Reimbursement
Enhancing Work-Life Balance
- Vacation and Personal Days
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Community Service Hours
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Flexible Schedule Options
- Employee Discount Programs
Recognizing Performance & Engagement
- Competitive Pay
- Yearly Incentive Bonus
- Recognition and Performance Based Awards
- Company Sponsored Events
- Referral Bonuses
- Paid Professional Membership
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Training & Certifications