Competitive salary, full benefits, gas card, career growth
Leading General Contractor with extensive work in the backlog
About Our Client
Leading construction services company. Our experience as individuals creates a team of diversified talents in a variety of market areas. As a whole, we display a well-versed entity that surpasses our competitors.
We perform all aspects of construction from general contracting to construction management to consulting including pre-construction, design management, cost control, scheduling, project control and administration.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Assist with providing technical assistance (interpretation of drawings, recommendation of construction methods and equipment, etc.) as required, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection.
- Inspection of Contractor or (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with Contract.
- Review and approve Trade Contractor Payment Applications with Project Manager.
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner, Architect/Engineer and Partners.
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Sr. Project Manager.
- Development of Quality Assurance& Controls; Conduct quality inspections
- Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts.
- Monitor costs, including labor time and material.
- Communicate and enforce Safety and Health Management Program.
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others.
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates.
- Prepare and submit Superintendent's Daily Reports to document weather and field conditions, trade and subcontractor manpower, progress and conditions impacting the project, as well as Accident Reports, Quality Reports, etc.
- Conduct subcontractor meetings.
- Attend and participate in project meetings.
- Providing training and education to support field superintendents and engineers.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Construction Management, Business Administration or a closely related field preferred.
- OSHA Certification.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of project management software programs.
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good math/accounting skills.
- Strong ability to read drawings and specifications.
- Functions effectively as part of a team. Passion for leading teams and mentoring a PLUS
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Delegates work appropriately.
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary plus bonuses
- Full benefits package including retirement plan
- Company truck
- Deep Project Backlog