- Work with a growing developer on multi-family projects in the Chicago area
- Ability to lead the construction department and grow your career
About Our Client
Work for this construction and development company located in downtown Chicago that is projected to do close to $200M in revenue this year. This multifamily and commercial focused company is big on giving back to the Chicago community. They also are big on company culture, and have happy hours, and company events. Hard work is not overlooked here, and growth is a key factor within the company. They offer great benefits, and a salary that matches your experience.
Provide daily, on-site, project management and be responsible for all aspects of the project.
- Negotiate all trade and vendor pricing per project to reach profitable agreements.
- Determine needed site resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to
- finish with attention to the project budget.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule all work on-site to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Assist in ordering materials and supplies.
- Schedule deliveries on-site.
- Provide a daily client update including project progress report and photographs; keep a daily log of what took place on-site for each project.
- Communicate with the client daily about the project and be prepared to answer their questions.
- Award all trade contracts and allocate their responsibilities.
- Communicate quality and performance standards to all trade contractors and vendors.
- Strive for no-defect, no schedule delay construction.
- Supervise the work of each project on-site and provide guidance as needed.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards on the job site.
- Create the Project Close Out binder.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 8+ years of experience
- Ground up experience required
- Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management degree preferred
- Wood frame experience preferred
- Cold-form (white-gauge) experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, FastTrack, as well as other software platforms
- OSHA certified required
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Major Trades background preferred
What's on Offer
- Salaries up to $120K, dependent on experience
- Bonus and commission opportunity
- Competitive health care package
- Company credit card
- Cell phone and laptop provided
- 401K match
- Ongoing training and continuing education
- 11 paid holidays
- Standard PTO (3 weeks to start)
- Growth potential
- Company events