Superintendent -Restaurant + Retail Construction- NOVA
Opportunity to transition into Project Management very easily
About Our Client
Founded in 2006, my client is a general contractor that specializes in design build and renovations for restaurant and retail projects across the USA, primarily in the DMV. Projects are typically valued between 200K-1M. Upcoming projects are in Northern Virginia, Frederick County, and Annapolis, MD.
- Provide updated 2-week look ahead for each progress meeting
- Punch List - completed in 5 days within client move in date
- Follow up with sub/vendor pricing from the field that it is sent to the office for process.
- Provide weekly toolbox talks submitted to the office
- Check, photograph & document all supplied materials brought to the job site immediately upon delivery for conformity to plans, specs & approved submittals.
- Daily Report of 12-15 pictures minimum showing broad overall progress, individual and specific areas to be addressed, issues and/or conflicts on Drive.
The Successful Applicant
- Five years minimum commercial construction experience (restaurant/retail preferred)
- OSHA 30-hour certification with working knowledge of current OSHA safety regulations is required
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screenings for security clearance
- Proficient in MS products
- Able to read, understand and implement construction drawings, plans & specifications
- Open to travel opportunities outside the DMV
What's on Offer
- Leadership role
- Chance to transition into Project Management if that is an interest
- Fast growing team with upward advancement opportunities
- Large project backlog- many repeat clients
- Company match Simple IRA retirement plan
- bonus system based on project performance
- Company vehicle, cell phone, tablet & tools
- Per Diem, travel expense & hotel for 'out of state work'
- PTO - holidays, vacation, sick time
- Health Insurance