Superintendent - TI
USD70,000 - USD90,000
Leading General Contractor in the Austin market
Great career progression opportunity with a company who prides itself on their c
About Our Client
Established Austin-based general contractor looking for an experienced, interiors Superintendent.
- Provide leadership by using effective verbal and written communication to manage the owner/client, architect and consultants, as well as, the project team in all phases of the work. This includes developing and motivating teamwork between all parties.
- Understand and implement general conditions and requirements of the contracts associated with each project while monitoring the contract documents for conformance and execution.
- Employ Project Management Systems to manage and control the project documentation and cost controls. Supervise and monitor the preparation and reporting of RFI logs, submittal logs, testing and inspection reports, safety inspections and reports, change order logs and other related reports.
- Prepare, monitor and update the project schedule. Review and coordinate with the Superintendent's "look ahead" schedules and document delays to the project. Establish material delivery schedules/logs and integrate into the project schedule.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of subcontracts and purchase orders, oversee the execution of the subcontract requirements and manage subcontractor claims.
- Verification of owner/client billings, subcontractor billings and account receivables.
- Participate in Operations and Safety meetings to help facilitate and enforce job site safety at all times and the establishment of project emergency plans.
- Organize project meetings, prepare meeting minutes and provide leadership and control to insure that all parties understand their obligations and that they follow through.
- Management of project close out procedures including monitoring of punch list to completion, preparation of warranties and operations manuals.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated track record of success as a Superintendent in the Interiors industry.
- Strong knowledge of construction terms, scheduling, and planning concepts.
- Must be able to read blueprints and understand project cost analysis.
- Excellent organization, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computers skills with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite.
- OSHA training certification at the 30-hour level required.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $70,000-$100,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Vehicle allowance/company vehicle
- Bonus Structure
- Health Insurance
- PTO/Sick Days