About Our Client
Are you looking for more autonomy/less hoops to jump through? Could you see yourself one day being a part-owner of a General Contractor in Southern California? This could just be the ideal company for you. My client has a reputation of producing next-to-none quality work, meeting project deadlines, respecting project budgets, and being easy to work with. My client is grounded and passionate about earning business the right way - through cultivating lasting relationships with their clients & developers.
- Thorough knowledge of contract documents required to properly plan construction sequencing, staffing and subcontractor coordination.
- Coordinate with Preconstruction Services during the preparation of estimates, buyout regarding methods, systems, schedule and general conditions.
- Delegate and monitor team members with various tasks at start and throughout all phases of project.
- Monitor the development of the project expediting log and update status weekly with project staff. Update project schedule procurement activities accordingly.
- Create and execute project preplanning activities with subcontractors to ensure coordinated efforts.
- Coordinate subcontractors, architects, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Document onsite activities in the daily report, including verbal directives, delays, progress photos, weather conditions and onsite manpower.
- Develop the detailed construction phase schedule for the project and update weekly to ensure critical path activities and milestones are being achieved. Develop recovery plans to mitigate any delays to the critical path of the project.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
- Supervise and train employees.
- Enforce a safe work environment, practices and culture on the project.
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of the quality control program.
The Successful Applicant
- GROUND UP CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 2 years experience in commercial construction
- Leadership experience, excellent communication skills, highly organized, motivator, ability to prioritize, strong analytic and problem solving skills, able to evaluate staff strengths and weaknesses and provide training to enhance personnel, disciplined and organized thinker,
- Excellent teaching and mentoring skills
- Strong mathematical and computer aptitude is also necessary.
- Strong scheduling skills and experience
What's on Offer
Superintendent is eligible to receive:
- Experience working on a diverse portfolio of projects
- Competitive salaries, car allowance and bonus potential
- Strong reputation in Southern California
- Clear communication, great work environment
- Employee-centric environment
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Health savings account
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Dental & vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Bonus opportunities
- Employee home purchase program
- Vendor discounts
- Wellness programs