Diverse Project Portfolio
About Our Client
Our client is an incredibly established General Contractor in Chicago. This firm is working on some of Chicago's most prominent and high profile projects. Their commitment to employee success is unparalleled, and they are looking for a strong Senior Superintendent to grow and develop with their resources and expertise.
The responsibilities of the Superintendent include:
- Thorough knowledge of contract documents required to properly plan construction sequencing, staffing and subcontractor coordination.
- Delegate and monitor team members with various tasks at start and throughout all phases of project.
- Monitor the development of the project expediting log and update status weekly with project staff. Update project schedule procurement activities accordingly.
- Create and execute project preplanning activities with subcontractors to ensure coordinated efforts.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Document onsite activities in the daily report, including verbal directives, delays, progress photos, weather conditions and onsite manpower.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
- Supervise and train employees.
- Enforce a safe work environment, practices and culture on the project.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Superintendent will meet the following qualifications:
- 8+ years' experience in high-end commercial construction
- Proficient in reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors and clients
- Strong leadership skills
- Willing to take on multiple responsibilities and complete a variety of tasks to complete projects on time
What's on Offer
What is on offer for the successful Superintendent:
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent benefits
- Unmatched company culture
- Work on exciting, diverse projects
- Opportunity for career growth