Growing family owned company
Strong pipeline of work for 2020
About Our Client
My client is a fast growing, family owned and operated General Contractor based on the North Shore serving primarily commercial clients throughout the Greater Boston area. Their primary project focus is within commercial offices, retail, restaurants, and mixed-use developments ($1M-$20M). They are currently seeking a Construction Superintendent for projects in Boston and the North Shore.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As the Superintendent, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for general contract, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications under direction from the Superintendent.
- Check and verify subcontractor layout to ensure compliance with established control, line and grade.
- Monitor production and record rates in logbook to be used for future scheduling.
- Maintain a set of production documents and update daily so an accurate picture of work in place is consistently maintained.
- Report any and all field conditions and issues to the Superintendent.
- Monitor job progress on-site, checking all work to ensure compliance with contract documents and the Quality Control Program.
- Work with Superintendent to develop and carry out the plan and schedule for project work.
- Plan and prepare documentation to facilitate the close out process at the discretion of the Superintendent.
- Maintain and review the safety requirements for the Project and resolve or report deficiencies to the Superintendent and Safety Manager.
- Work with and coach field engineers on the project to facilitate their skills development.
- Assist in maintaining the Construction Management Plan and logistical co-ordination.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Superintendent will have
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years running own jobs
- Project experience in commercial (ground up or interiors), Retail, or Restaurants preferred
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to become part of a team.
- Strong time management and ability to multi-task.
What's on Offer
The Superintendent will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Monthly auto allowance / gas stipend
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Cell phone, laptop, etc.
- 2-3 weeks PTO