- Opportunity to work for one of Michigan's most reputable contractors
- Competitive compensation packages with flexible culture
About Our Client
My client is a highly successful General Contractor that has been making a name for themselves in the Detroit market over the last 25 years. They're looking to add a Superintendent due to their full pipeline of unique and exciting projects. They are committed to maintaining a family friendly culture for their employees by emphasizing work/life balance and promoting career growth. Their core value is making a positive impact on the Detroit community and recreating the downtown area. Apply today using the link provided and your resume will be considered within 24 hours.
The key responsibilities of the Multifamily Construction Sr. Superintendent :
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Record information, such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Multifamily Construction Sr. Superintendent:
- Construction Management, Architecture, or Relevant Degree
- 8+ years experience
- 2+ years as the lead project superintendent
- Ground-up experience is a must
- Design-build experience a plus
- Traveling required. There will be a project in Traverse City for the next 2-3 years
- Experience working on $1M-$15M projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or a related field preferred
- Client driven
What's on Offer
What is on offer to the Multifamily Construction Sr. Superintendent:
- Base salary ranging from $90,000 - $125,000+ dependent on applicant experience
- Potential for large bonuses ranging from 10%-30% of base salary
- Employer 401k match
- Company health, vision, and dental insurance provided
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Company vehicle or car allowance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paths to senior leadership
- A diverse portfolio of projects
Apply today using the link provided and your resume will be considered within 24 hours.