- Top general contractor in Southern California
- over market rate salary
About Our Client
Top contractor in southern California with most projects consisting on commercial TI, life sciences and labs.
- Understanding and administering the safety program to include all subcontractors, ensuring that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assisting in safety inspections by outside agencies
- Maintain quality standards for all aspects of the project
- Serve as the leader for all on site safety, managing a safe job site for all involved
- Maintain daily log of all activities and site conditions, while managing the punch list and closeout process through owner/architect acceptance
- Work with the project manager in formulating project schedule, ensuring that the proper methods and sequence of installation are followed, making and following through with schedule commitments, and maintaining quality standards
- Maintain good working relationships with all subcontractors on the project, developing relationships within the community which enhance business opportunities, and ensuring subcontractors are treated fairly
- Ensure complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets, understanding subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identifying problems early and act immediately to provide solutions
- Develop and organize the site team, arranging for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and identifying long lead items that need to be expedited
- Collaborate with the project manager and site operations team throughout the life of the project
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- A four-year degree from an accredited university with a concentration in construction, engineering, or business is strongly preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, additional work experience is acceptable.
- 5+ years experience in commercial construction, including experience with a commercial general contractor
- Tenant renovations, service work, work in occupied spaces, weekend work, fast paced project experience all a plus
- Mastery of building processes and best practices
- Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results
- Project lead experience preferred Previous experience in a superintendent or project lead experience preferred
- Ability to master sector/project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite (ex. Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), ProCore, Adobe, BlueBeam,
- OSHA 30 Certification preferred
What's on Offer
Great company with strong leadership. Above market rate salary. Full suite of benefits and gas allowance (location dependent)