Supplier Quality Engineer, Electronics Manufacturer
Global provider of services for electric power systems
Founded over 100 years ago
About Our Client
Our client is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. They have been in business for over 100 years with offices in the US, South America and London. They offer various services for commercial and industrial power systems. The Supplier Quality Engineer will report to the Senior Quality Manager. They are a company that prides themselves on offering a strong corporate culture and empowering individuals to work hard in an entrepreneurial culture and also maintain a solid work-life balance. They are over one hundred years old and enjoy strong financials year after year.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for;
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with the buyers, oversee supplier rating and development strategies including scorecards, supplier corrective action requests (SCARS), coaching troubled suppliers, and maintaining the approved supplier list (ASL).
- Address purchased component issues as they relate to fit, form, or function with the engineering group.
- Drive engineering, manufacturing, and design best practices and lessons learned for purchased components leveraging the knowledge and expertise of the global supply chain.
- Communicate with vendors regularly to address any concerns and foster an environment that facilitates continual improvement in working relationships.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or similar
- A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Knowledge and experience reviewing and understanding, drawings/specifications, technical documents and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis, understanding of statistical tools such as Gage R&R, analytical test method validations, and process capability analysis; six sigma certification a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; requires interaction with managers, supervisors, engineers, and hourly associates in a fast pace environment.
- Broad understanding and experience with manufacturing technologies and processes
- Knowledge of QMS, specifically ISO 9001
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $80,000-$100,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Yearly bonus, disretionary
- Comprehensive benefits package (Coverage for Individual & Dependents)
- Employee stock options, after vesting period
- Tuition reimbursement
- 15 PTO Days
- 401(k) with 4% company match