Supply Chain Planner
Global Consumer Products Company
Excellent opportunity to gain experience and advance your career
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing consumer products manufacturer and distributor
As a result a rapid expansion, our client is a seeking a Supply Chain Planner who will be responsible for all supply and demand planning activities related to materials management, logistics and production planning. The Supply Chain Planner will manage the coordinated efforts of the plant, distributors, and logistics vendors to ensure customer priorities are met through effective processes, from raw material planning through shipping & receiving to facilitate on-time production scheduling and finished goods delivery. Day to day responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the activities for material movement, planning, scheduling, logistics, and purchasing to optimize production up-time and throughput, ensuring finished goods meet delivery targets while controlling inventory costs and ensuring corporate and business procedural compliance.
- Schedule PO's in a timely manner
- Analyze Sales Forecasts to understand the best way to manage inventory levels by SKU and production timing. Communicate with Sales to ensure most efficient inventory levels and on-time flow of goods.
- Define, lead, and/or participate in projects to improve processes that impact the effectiveness and performance of supply chain, our manufacturing particulars, and the business.
- Serve as a role model for innovative thinking about how to achieve zero quality defects and 98% + service levels.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure scheduled deliveries are met. Optimize forecasts and ordering processes ensuring on-time scheduling, shipping, and receiving of all ordered material and finished goods.
- Establish and track KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for the supply chain processes to facilitate continual improvement.
- Manage all internal and external non-conformance related to Manufacturing and Distribution activities.
- Responsible for meeting site specific inventory targets, monitoring and improving inventory performance, and providing action plans to improve
- Monitor inventory and initiate process improvements as needed
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- 3+ years of related experience within the consumer packaged goods or similar industry
- Strong working knowledge of SAP or other demand planning software and high degree of computer literacy
- Strong leadership, team working, change management, customer focus, and strategic thinking skills
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated application and implementation of current supply chain management concepts
- Strong analytic capability, excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self- starter and entrepreneurial
What's on Offer
- $65,000 - $85,000 annual base salary
- Performance based bonus
- Medical, dental & vision
- Paid vacation & Holidays