SVP - Accounting Policy
One of the largest banks
Competitive compensation and benefits
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest banks in the world.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Participate in accounting policy enforcement and ensures that the bank's business activities are in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Assist in facilitating the proper implementation of new accounting standards, disseminates information on current accounting topics and recent developments that affect the bank and acts as a source to obtain recent presentations and corresponds with external standard setters and regulators.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to facilitate firm-wide education of new or changing accounting requirements to ensure that management understands the impact of new standards and regulations
- Research technical accounting issues, and consulting with Regional and Corporate Accounting Policy groups on complex transactions.
- Prepare detailed documentation to support accounting conclusions of new/modified products and complex transactions.
- Provide accounting training (on existing and new pronouncements) to Local Finance and Business teams.
- Participate in the development of Global accounting policies and positions.
- Monitor FASB Board meetings relevant to the bank.
The Successful Applicant
- 7+ years' experience desirable and big 4 experience required
- Practical knowledge of US GAAP, specifically in regards to financial instrument accounting; Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting / Basel issues;
- The individual must possess excellent interpersonal and client service skills as well as have the ability to work very closely with many different levels of management on the business side; Excellent research, analytical, organization and drafting skills;
- Excellent negotiation, research, analytical, organization and drafting skills are also necessary fast thinker/quick learner and possess the ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines;
- The successful candidate will have the ability to multi-task while working on long-term projects; CPA or equivalent certification required
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Great working environment