- Leading Investment Bank in NYC
- Hybrid Work Schedule
About Our Client
My client is a leader in the Banking industry that provides various financial products and services. Founded in 1998, this well established Bank provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. Which include consumer banking, credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management.They have ambitious growth plans this year as a part of their long term strategy, so the need for a SVP, Balance Sheet Management is essential for the team.
- Propose the definition of capital policy goals and capital management buffers
- Collaborate across the team and with partners to set the discussion agenda for the Capital Committee and associated governance forums.
- Produce presentation materials to clearly communicate capital policy and balance sheet optimization proposals, their benefits / shortcomings and the financial impact.
- Define an optimal process for evaluating capital actions on an ongoing basis to enable the bank to more effectively manage its capital ratios and improve returns.
- Lead Consent Order deliverables for capital management, from both a project management perspective as well as the implementation of new processes / strategies to remediate shortcomings.
- Lead capital-related initiatives for internal and regulatory stress testing exercises, including the implementation of any new regulations.
- Generate research and conduct analyses to support insights and proposals, for policy and optimization initiatives.
- Assist in coordinating and liaising with businesses and functions to educate and garner support for project initiatives.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred., ideally with a concentration in Finance or Accounting.
- 6-10 years of experience working for a financial services organization.
- Knowledge of financial instruments and products including an awareness of bank regulation, accounting, valuation techniques and risk measurement.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Experience with financial / market databases such as Capital IQ and Bloomberg is preferred.
- Analytical background with problem solving skills and an ability to assimilate information across a variety of financial disciplines.
- Proficiency with standard analysis tools (Excel / Access / SQL)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to converse with a wide variety of people across functions / seniority
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of Treasury functions and Balance Sheet Management and P&L.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Performance related annual bonus
- Strong Benefits Plan
- 23 Vacation Days, 6 unplanned (sick) days, + Holidays