International Real Estate Investment Firm Seeking Tax Associate
Position will be based in Palm Beach, Florida Location
About Our Client
Our client is an international, fully integrated, real estate investment firm. They specialize in various property types, such as multi-family residential, hotel, retail, industrial and single family residential development properties. They have invested well over $14 billion of equity in over $50 billion of real estate transactions in major markets throughout the world.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Review federal, state, and foreign tax return filings including workpapers, tax accounting, and adjusting entries.
- Assist with planning and delivery of Schedule K-1s to fund investors. Assist with preparing overall tax return calendar, and coordinate timing and input with service providers.
- Prepare and monitor deliverables and due dates.
- Assist in managing process and workflow for investor state/foreign withholding matrices, waivers, and exemptions.
- Prepare sales/use tax filings.
- Prepare annual/quarterly withholding tax calculations and payments.
- Prepare foreign/domestic entity classification elections.
- Prepare and review FINCEN 114 (FBAR) filings.
- Review FATCA compliance filings for multiple foreign jurisdictions.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing investor state/foreign withholding matrices, waivers, and exemptions.
- Conduct tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency inquires and tax notices.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or other business major relevant tax and accounting course work completed
- 2-4 years of experience preparing all types of tax returns with a public CPA firm
- Public (Big 4) accounting experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and Adobe software.
What's on Offer
- Full comprehensive benefits package
- 401K available
- Bonus Incentives Included