- Ample career growth opportunity with a growing company
- Remote working opportunities (2 days work from home)
About Our Client
Our client, a world renowned manufacturer/distributor of world-class products, has operations and a significant and growing presence in the US. Taking pride in building upon their foundation, this is an opportunity to join a business at an exciting time in their growth. The Tax Director will work directly with the Controller to manage and execute all tax requirements and needs for the company to set the company up for continued growth!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Tax Director Responsibilities:
- Oversee the preparation of internal and external tax filings.
- Manage the implementation of short and long term strategies to reduce overall tax costs and burden.
- Provide support on the development of new processes and procedures for planning projects.
- Implement processes and procedures within newly acquired business units for the company.
- Monitor regulatory tax provisions and calculations, regarding rates, deferred items, accounts, reserves, etc.
- Participate in the preparation of the companies entire tax provision.
- Identify key areas of expansion and resources to enhance operational efficiency of the tax function.
- Monitor, develop, and recommend changes in tax procedures in collaboration with external providers.
- Monitor tax legislation and develop best practices to implement to resolve outstanding tax issues.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or JD required
- 7+ years of experience in Accounting, Tax, and/or Tax Strategy
- Manufacturing, distribution, or related industry experience required
- Previous Public Accounting experience preferred
- Strong experience in supporting the execution of tax strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
What's on Offer
- Above market compensation
- Bonus potential
- 401k match
- Amazing benefits
- Collaborative work environment
- Join a growing, global company
- Ample career progression
- Hybrid work schedule (2 days at home, 3 days in office)
Apply today to have your resume considered within 24 hours!