- leader in digital media solution
- manage the Indirect Tax affairs in the USA and Canada
About Our Client
Leader in digital media solution.
- Lead indirect taxes such as but not limited to sales & use tax, goods & services tax, real & personal property tax, local gross receipts, local business licenses & occupancy taxes, state & local Annual Licenses;
- Assist with tax audits, including communication with the taxation authorities, management of audit process, evaluating and filing appeals, gathering internal and external data, working with internal and external business unit contacts, legal counsel and subject matter experts as needed, as well as documentation of issues and resolution;
- Review Sales & Use Tax and Corporate Withholding Tax determination in ERP's and tax engines;
- Supervise tax incentive schemes available across the US;
- Ensure transactions align with technical analysis and recommendations to the organization related to nexus determinations, exemption decisions, tax decisions, etc.;
- Ensure accurate and timely record keeping (e.g. Sales & Use Tax exemption certificates, proofs of filing, training material);
- Design, improve and maintain Standard Operating Procedures in the tax compliance area;
- Actively pursue opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of tax processes through data and flow analysis, implementation of technology and innovative thinking, in full collaboration with other finance processes;
- Flag major risks and process pain points to Group Indirect Tax Director;
- Manage external tax advisors in area of responsibility;
- Advise and partner with global businesses and group corporate functions to provide recommendations, efficient solutions and integrated implementation plans;
- Support the Group Tax Function and Tax Functional initiatives as well as other regions for international activities with US domestic impacts;
- Monitor and understand changes in US tax legislation, rulings and litigation to recommend and implement action to manage risk to existing tax positions and capture opportunities, in line with Group Tax strategy.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree in taxation and CPA preferred. 10+ years of tax experience with a combination of Big Four and in-house tax practice for an international company;
- Ability to build key relationships across a multi-cultural organization and to present technical matters in a way that is meaningful to the audience and non-tax professionals;
- Highly motivated, participative team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Experience of international groups and non-US headquarters;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Results-oriented self-starter able to look for practical solutions and drive execution of projects;
- Experience with Financial Reporting systems such as SAP is preferred;
- Experience with Thomson Reuters' OneSource Indirect Tax Determination an asset;
- Data analytics skills, appetite for technology and new solutions;
- Organizational and time management skills; demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
What's on Offer
Benefits and holidays