- 1 day a week in office
- Client facing and managing a small team of 3 tax professionals.
About Our Client
My client is a small (40 person) accounting firm, who have recently been acquired by a medium sized UK based accounting firm. They retain their small business feel and are looking for someone to run their 3 person tax department. They have partnered exclusively with Michael Page Boston to secure their next Tax Manager.
The Tax Manager's main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee and manage the tax return preparation process for a portfolio of clients
- Prepare and review tax returns for domestic and foreign companies/ subsidiaries
- Prepare consolidated tax returns for clients operating within several states and potentially including foreign entities
- Research tax questions, offer suggestions for tax planning and study tax laws for potential tax savings for corporate clients
- Effectively communicate with government agencies for various tax issues and other inquiries
- Deliver presentations to clients and prospective clients
- 8 billable hours per day.
- 4 days a week from home.
Apply today to be considered for this role!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA designation and/or advanced degree (MST) is highly desirable
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to work one day a week in the office
What's on Offer
- $ 150,000 to $ 155,000 base salary (depending upon relevant experience)
- Performance related bonus scheme (10% bonus)
- Extremely competitive benefits package
- 4 days a week from home
- Boutique working environment
- Close-nit, highly competent, collaborating, team environment with incredibly low staff turnover and high staff retention.