International Real Estate Investment Firm Seeking Tax Manager
Position will be located in their Palm Beach, Florida office location
About Our Client
Our client is an international, fully integrated, real estate investment firm. They specialize in various property types, such as multi-family residential, hotel, retail, industrial and single family residential development properties. They have invested well over $14 billion of equity in over $50 billion of real estate transactions in major markets throughout the world.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Manage tax compliance process for seven active real estate funds.
- Facilitate and manage review of federal, state, and foreign partnership and corporate tax filings including workpapers, tax accounting, and adjusting entries.
- Assist with planning, monitoring, and delivery of Schedule K-1s to fund investors. Assist with managing overall tax return calendar, and coordinate timing and input with service providers.
- Assist in managing process and workflow for investor state and foreign withholding matrices, waivers, and exemptions.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Manage annual/quarterly withholding tax calculations and payments.
- Manage and review of sales/use tax and local business tax filings.
- Review ASC740 (FIN 48) tax positions.
- Review foreign and domestic entity classification elections.
- Review FINCEN 114 (FBAR) filings.
- Review FATCA compliance filings for multiple foreign jurisdictions.
- Review financial statement footnote disclosures for partnerships.
- Conduct complex tax research and outline findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency inquires and tax notices.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA Required
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of five years of experience preparing/reviewing partnership tax returns with a public CPA firm
- Extensive partnership/real estate tax experience.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for partnerships.
- Minimum five to seven years of Public (Big 4) accounting experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
What's on Offer
- Full comprehensive benefits package
- 401k available
- Bonus incentives available