Work for a well-established, industry-leading manufacturer
Report directly to the Controller, Enjoy a clear career promotional path
About Our Client
Tax Manager would join a leader in the Home Building Product Manufacturing space. Conveniently located in Waltham, MA, our client, with over 50 years of production experience, and operations in over 40 locations is now looking to build out their accounting team. The Tax Manager, reporting directly to the Corporate Controller will have the opportunity build off their experience, gain more and more responsibilities, and build a career with a state-of-the-art Manufacturer.
The Tax Manager will report to the Corporate Controller and is responsible for the management of all tax, regulatory and related compliance and reporting activities for all Company entities. This position will conduct the day-to-day accounting operations for these areas as well as direct the longer-term projects associated with annual tax returns and tax code modifications. The Tax Manager will oversee the 3rd party consultants who assist with our tax management strategy, including provision and return specialists. In addition, the person will support the Controller with associated projects such as treasury management and supporting schedule analysis to deliver efficiency in the tax provision and reporting procedures. Key responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Timely preparation of the Company's quarterly and annual tax provision and financial statement disclosures in accordance with ASC 740.
- Preparation of the Company's federal, state, local income and indirect tax returns, as well as federal and state extension/estimated tax payment calculations and support the filing process.
- Manage other regulatory reporting, including census, personal property, property tax and franchise tax filings.
- Direct tax related audits and actively manage all notices issued by tax authorities.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations for all tax accounts.
- Perform research and prepare memorandum on various aspects of Federal and State tax matters.
- Play a key role in evaluating the impact of transfer pricing and prepare supporting documentation of findings.
- Manage and assist 3rd party tax consultants by performing ad hoc tax analyses, analytical support, and assistance with other special projects as needed.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting policies, financial systems, transaction processes, internal controls and chart of accounts.
- Actively establish and participate in financial analysis and planning, including the annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasting.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the process for continuous improvement and be open and responsive to change.
- Demonstrate experience and proficiency in applying accounting principles and concepts.
- Provide leadership on sales and use tax reporting, as required.
- Manage other tasks as assigned by the CFO and Corporate Controller.
The Successful Applicant
Top considered candidates for the Tax Manager will have the following skills and attributes;
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required; MBA preferred
- 2-4 years' experience in multi-state, multi-legal entity tax environment, preferably in a manufacturing company
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with sales and use tax, payroll tax and property tax
- Direct experience in financial planning and analysis; reporting to senior management.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting.
The personal attributes that will be key to success in this role include:
- Understands and demonstrates the highest standards in ethical conduct, creditability and integrity
- Exceptional work ethic; accountable for own performance; conscientious about timelines of assignments and quality of work product
- Flexible and strategic team member
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simply reporting
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to identify opportunities
- Highly motivated with good time management skills and ability to work independently
What's on Offer
The Tax Manager will enjoy a competitive salary, bonus potential along with Medical, Vision and Dental coverage, PTO, Plus Holidays among other benefits. If you are interested, please apply or call me at (617) 824-2656.