Tax Systems Manager - Start Up - Remote Position
Strategic, development role, rooted in tax
Can be based anywhere in USA
About Our Client
My client is a US based, SaaS firm that helps tax and accounting professionals grown and scale their business to tremendous levels. They are a trusted and respected national brand, with a well-known industry expert at their helm. The specialize in education, SaaS and tax planning and wealth management.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Tax and Systems Manager to join our growing team! You will use your tax review and planning skills to create best-of-breed solutions for the industry. You will work with a cross-functional team to develop, test, and support tax software products. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Have exposure to various federal and state tax returns for entities and individuals
- Maintain a strong understanding of tax laws and regulations, along with any new updates and pronouncements
- Prepare, file, and organize tax work papers
- Respond to requests, both internally and externally, in a timely, accurate, efficient, and professional manner
- Support the business operations with any ad hoc related tasks
- Have input in the development of tax module software
- Determine taxation requirements and form content for all tax/scanning software produced
- Research tax legislation and adjust tax software calculations accordingly
- Ensure compliance and adhere to software certification requirements
- Design and provide specifications for custom tax calculation worksheets and program features.
- Assist in the management of release schedules and content for slips modules
- Report into the VP of Product, Tax
To confirm, there is zero tax prep involved with this role. However, it is a role that requires subject matter knowledge of tax prep.
Apply today using the link provided and your resume will be considered within 24 hours.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 5 years tax-related experience
- EA or CPA, or extensive knowledge of tax law is strongly preferred
- Tax return review experience
- Quickbooks experience
- Computer literacy
- Experience with professional tax software products
- Knowledge of tax research products and techniques
What's on Offer
- $100,000 to $ 150,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Generous PTO Package in addition to 7 company holidays
- 100% Paid Medical Benefits
- Nay work location