- Ample career growth opportunity with a growing company
- Remote working opportunities (2 days work from home)
About Our Client
Our client, a world renowned manufacturer/distributor of world-class products, has operations and a significant and growing presence in the US. Taking pride in building upon their foundation, this is an opportunity to join a business at an exciting time in their growth. The Technical Accountant will work directly with the Financial Reporting Manager in the development of technical accounting policies and procedures!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Technical Accountant Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of GAAP and STAT accounting policies and procedures to ensure company reporting compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reporting.
- Monitor developments in accounting guidance to ensure company compliance by the FASB.
- Coordinate with internal and external accounting and finance teams to monitor, research, and provide guidance on technical accounting issues.
- Partner with auditors to be a resource for ongoing evaluation and recommendations of accounting procedures.
- Prepare technical accounting memos for company transactions and customer contracts.
- Assist with M&A, financial, and other equity related transactions.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- 3+ years of experience in Accounting, Technical Accounting, and/or Financial Reporting
- Manufacturing, distribution, or related industry experience required
- Proficiency with accounting software and/or ERP implementation preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Exceptional GAAP knowledge
What's on Offer
- Above market compensation
- Bonus potential
- 401k match
- Amazing benefits
- Collaborative work environment
- Mentorship from the Assistant Controller
- Join a growing, global company
- Ample career progression
Apply today to have your resume considered within 24 hours!