Technical Accounting Manager
Very technical role that will allow you to grow your skills
Opportunity to grow out a new department
About Our Client
My client is a rapidly growing FinTech firm in the lending and asset management space.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Lead research of technical accounting issues under US GAAP, including the preparation of accounting memos and policies to support business initiatives
- Monitor developments in accounting standards to assess potential impacts to the business and lead the implementation of new accounting standards
- Create a strong business partnership to drive ownership of internal control policies and procedures
- Liaise with external auditors to support the annual audit process
- Work directly with legal and other parties in preparing S-1, pre-clearance and other documents for submission to the SEC or other capital markets regulators
The Successful Applicant
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Track record of meeting tight working deadlines, and prioritizing workload are essential
- 7+ years of total experience in a major Public Accounting Firm and/or a large, multinational company in similar capacity (SEC/External reporting and financial policy) is required
- Experience with S-1, S-4, or other aspects of initial public offering or SPAC documents is a plus
- Must have strong technical accounting skills and up-to-date knowledge of the latest accounting standards impacting financial services companies
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of building an accounting team and processes from the group up and make a meaningful impact as the firm continues to grow.