Tilt Up | Industrial Superintendent
Opportunity to join a reputable company with a deep backlog and room for growth
competitive salary, gas card, company card, 401k, bonus, health, dental, vision
About Our Client
The client is an American multinational technology company based in the US. The client focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four companies in the information technology industry of the United States. It has been referred to as "one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world" as well as the world's most valuable brand. They are looking for elite construction professionals who can manage construction site and be a leader in building tilt up distribution centers in Southern California.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force including assistants, foremen, subcontractors and other construction related personnel.
- Assist Sr. Project Manager in the supervision and responsibility of the total construction effort in accordance with design, budget, quality, and schedule.
- Assist with providing technical assistance (interpretation of drawings, recommendation of construction methods and equipment, etc.) as required, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection.
- Inspection of Contractor or (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with Contract.
- Review and approve Trade Contractor Payment Applications with Project Manager.
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner, Architect/Engineer and Partners.
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Sr. Project Manager.
- Development of Quality Assurance& Controls; Conduct quality inspections
- Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts.
- Monitor costs, including labor time and material.
- Communicate and enforce Safety and Health Management Program.
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others.
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates.
- Prepare and submit Superintendent's Daily Reports to document weather and field conditions, trade and subcontractor manpower, progress and conditions impacting the project, as well as Accident Reports, Quality Reports, etc.
- Conduct subcontractor meetings.
- Attend and participate in project meetings.
- Providing training and education to support field superintendents and engineers.
The Successful Applicant
Leader on the job site: driving, managing, and building out successful Tilt Up projects on schedule and budget. The successful candidate will have great leadership, communication, team building, and time management abilities.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary plus bonuses
- Full benefits package including retirement plan
- Company truck
- Opportunity to grow with a well-established, reputable GC in Southern California
- A place you will want to retire!