- Great Opportunity to Join a Multinational Organization
- Strong Benefits Package Available!
About Our Client
Our Client specializes in the design and manufacturing of engineered resilient metal seals and sealing systems for OEMs and subcontractor partners throughout the world.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the Tool Room scheduling/work load prioritization for prototype and production tool new builds. Provides direct supervision, training and support of tool makers and Tooling Design Engineer.
- Assists Application Development Engineers with new tool quotes, supplies internal tool build quotes, and works with US based tool sources for new and repair services.
- Provides production support by prioritizing and assigning repair and maintenance of production tools, maintaining MQ1 Tooling Module for work orders and reporting; set standards for all tooling needs in collaboration with manufacturing and application development engineering.
- Quotes and places work for outsourced activities including jig grinding, wire EDM, heat treat, special machining services, and core pins/mold components.
- Ensures shop equipment capabilities and operation through the development and implementation of a preventative maintenance program for all shop equipment, calibration of CNC equipment, and scheduling of outside service when needed.
- Investigates and introduces new technologies applicable to Tool Room, application engineering, and automation for manufacturing.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related technical field
- 7+ years in Manufacturing Tooling Department leading/supervising employees will be considered in lieu of degree
- 3 to 5 years' experience in a supervisory or management position
- Thorough understanding of technology and procedures required of tool making process
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM systems and methods of modeling and tooling techniques.
- Understanding of machine design and jigs/fixtures to aid in manufacturing
- Understanding of validation techniques including DOE, OQ, PQ & similar methods
- Understanding of tooling methods and machinery required to build injection/transfer molds.
What's on Offer
- Benefits (Health Insurance, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Company Match
- Pension Package Available
- Bonus Eligible Role