Trade Compliance Specialist, Commodities
A business partner in legal & trade compliance for the local trading team
You will lead legal and compliance, reporting to the CFO and General Counsel
About Our Client
Our client is a global trading company (physical and paper), with a growing operation in Houston.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Reporting to the CFO and General Counsel, your main objective is to create and standardize legal and compliance processes to the local trading team.
This role will:
- Provide advice, support and related services specific to ensuring compliance with regulatory matters with CME, ICE and others.
- Independently assessing and reporting effectiveness of trading compliance program.
- Review current trades and proactively identify, manage and communicate issues and risks for regulatory matters.
- Research regulations by reviewing regulatory bulletins and other sources of information and keep other team members abreast of regulatory changes.
- This role will include documenting business compliance processes, identifying risks, designing and implementing mitigating controls and developing remediation plans when there are compliance related failures.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge and Skill Set:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Able to operate under pressure
- Detail oriented
- Excellent grasp of compliance matters as well as business issues that may have an impact on Trading.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Substantial experience in an internal/external compliance, risk control, audit or SOX testing.
- Ideally some Trading or related industry experience
- Solid experience with ICE,CME
- Experience and knowledge of the CFTC, FTC
- Familiarity with Dodd Frank Act
- Fluency in spanish or portuguese will be helpful to support LATAM operations. English is a must.
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to lead a trade compliance and legal risk department, being part of a growing platform of an establish trading group.
Base + bonus will be offered. Benefits include 401k.
The role is located in Downtown Houston, but you will have flexibility to work from home due to the current global scenarios.