Transaction Monitoring Consultant
Opportunity to gain skillsets within correspondent banking
Opportunity to work for a large, foreign bank
About Our Client
Our client is a financial services and banking firm located in Midtown Manhattan.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
* Knowledgeable with correspondent banking and overseas wire products
* Efficiently Manage a caseload of investigations.
* Review and investigate Alerts generated by the system. Recognize red flags for wire cases.
* Writing a comprehensive analysis of the account activity to support the disposition to close a case or escalate for further action.
* Document and report the investigation findings and prepare case files for review (e.g. media search results, PEP search, review and analysis wire data, results from internal system searches etc.)
* Determine and ascertain the adequacy of the TM Investigator's investigation process and documentation for both the Alerts to be closed or escalated.
* Conduct additional research/review of transactional history as necessary in determining the correct disposition for the Alerts and/or request additional information from the TM Investigator if gaps exist in the documentation or research submitted with their recommended disposition
. * Provide the final disposition of the Alerts and close or escalate to a case.
* Assist Transaction Monitoring Team Lead and QA with case investigations and SAR drafting as directed. * Provide support in the development, design and implementation of changes to the monitoring rules.
* Monitor and escalate anomalies and areas of notable deficiencies in the transaction monitoring space to the Transaction Monitoring Team Lead.
The Successful Applicant
- 2-3 years of correspondent banking related experience - AML, Transaction Monitoring, alert clearing, escalation investigations. Consulting experience preferred
- High degree of knowledge of appropriate BSA/AML and OFAC laws and regulations
- CAMs certification preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
What's on Offer
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunity to work on a potentially long consulting AML assignment
- Opportunity to work with foreign banks within NYC
- Opportunity to gain exposure and to gain experience with financial crime compliance
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Opportunity to onboard through a global recruiting firm