- Nationally leading Owner/Operator - Solar, Storage, Wind, Hydrogen, Transmission
- Someone with a strong quantitative and analytical character.
About Our Client
My client are one of the leading Independent Power Producers in N. America, with GWs of Renewable Assets in Operation, GWs of projects under Construction, and GWs of projects in their Development Pipeline - Onshore/Offshore Wind, Solar, Solat+, Hydrogen, Transmission, Long Duration Storage, etc etc.
The Manager of Transmission - Strategic Development Initiatives - San Diego will directly support the Director, Transmission in sector specific research, opportunity origination, valuation and execution. Responsible for the creation and delivery of analysis that enables data-driven, informed decision-making in complex, new and changing business environments and will have the below responsibilties:
25% - Market Research and Competitive Analysis
- Acquire, research, structure and analyze data from public, industry and proprietary sources
- Independently develop and maintain business intelligence databases for sector team
- Apply creative problem-solving and analysis skills to synthesize and communicate actionable insights/conclusions/strategy
30% - Opportunity Origination and Execution
- Support business development activities linked to strategy, including customer identification, outreach, diligence and risk assessment
- Support and organize cross-functional collaboration with internal development focused teams
- Lead project-specific workstreams, including internal approval processes and external customer responses (RFIs, RFPs, RFOs, etc) as process manager
20% - Financial and Risk Analysis
- Build, operate and/or analyze financial models (i.e., Microsoft Excel) in order to enable quantitative risk assessment of opportunities
15% - Support broader team initiatives
- Assist other sectors and technologies in alignment with business objectives
- Support digital transformation and efficiency initiatives and take a lead role in their implementation across team
10% - Other duties as assigned
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The right Transmission - Strategic Development Initiatives - San Diego will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business or a related technical field; MBA preferred
- 5+ years professional experience with strong quantitative and analysis background
- 3+ years energy or industrial gas experience required; familiarity with renewable energy preferred
- Demonstrated capacity for analytical thinking, advanced problem-solving skills
- Commercial mindset with clear understanding of finance and economic concepts
- Advanced communication and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to (i) break down new and complex topics, and (ii) communicate clear insights
- Ability to work both well independently and within broad, diverse teams, building relationships with other department to accomplish objectives
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to both lead work streams and contribute in a supporting capacity
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines and high-stress work environment
- Entrepreneurial and innovative; energized by engaging in new industries/technologies; continuous learner mindset
- Demonstrated organizational and process management skills
- Advanced Excel user, knowledge of other software a plus
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary.
Annual Bonus up to 25%
Ideally based in California, but open to 100% remote.