- Travel Superintendent role for a growing developer/ general contractor.
- Complex projects ranging from $1M-$100M
About Our Client
Our client is a general contractor based in St. Louis, who's projects range from ground up to renovation. This firm is known for many projects, reputably in the Hotel industry. They pride themselves in teamwork, which allows them to work together and pull from each others experiences, delivering end to end solutions to their clients. They have an in-house team of architects, engineers, interior designers and construction managers who know their roles and come together as a team to complete projects that showcase the quality of their work. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a collaborative team who is established with a healthy backlog of commercial project work.Interested to learn more? Apply today for consideration and additional information.
Reporting directly into the Market Vice President, the main duties and responsibilities of the Superintendent will include the following:
- Supervises day-to-day work of crew and prioritize work at hand.
- Have a understanding of subcontractors contractual scope of work and to manage these contracts to minimize any risks to the budget.
- Ability to effectively lead a crew on schedule while monitoring quality of work at hand.
- Work with subcontractors, suppliers, utilities, city inspectors, organize and direct activities concerned with their construction projects.
- Effectively follow plans/guidelines while conducting regular safety meetings.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, performance, and quality standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements, including crew member discipline and documentation.
- Monitor and control project through managing the construction schedule and directing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Manage close out process and warranty responses with project manager
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings, including project and subcontractor meetings
- Investigate potentially serious situations, anticipate project delays, monitor job site safety, and implement corrective measures.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive compensation package, a successful Superintendent will possess the following:
- Experience building ground up or light industrial projects is a plus.
- 5+ year of Superintendent experience.
- Proven ability to deliver construction projects on time and on budget.
- Must be able to work in a multiple-project construction environment.
- Ability to read and understand plans.
- Capable of problem solving and experience with complex detailed projects.
What's on Offer
- Salary $130k - $160k (dependent on overall experience level)
- Lucrative bonus schedule
- Open to travel
- Vehicle allowance
- Phone allowance
- Access to 401k plan with matching plan
- Health Insurance (75% covered for employee and all dependents)
- Unlimited PTO
- Travel Allowance