- Extensive pipeline of recession proof projects through 2024
- Great company culture, benefits, and bonuses
About Our Client
Our client is a well established Design/Build General Contractor in Ohio. With a focus on Commercial, Healthcare, Industrial, and Education, this firm is working on some of the Midwest's most prominent and high profile projects. Their commitment to employee success is unparalleled, and they are looking for a strong Superintendent to grow and develop with their resources and expertise.
- Manage day-to-day construction field activities to ensure that project milestone dates and overall schedule completion dates are met.
- Travel throughout the country, getting flown back home every 2 weeks.
- Review blueprints, customer needs and contractor submissions in order to execute appropriate bids.
- Lead team with construction project planning and developing site logistics.
- Monitor subcontractors to ensure quality workmanship and safety guidelines are met.
- Utilize good time management to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Keep daily and weekly work logs.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Work directly with investors at times and maintain a professional and client facing attitude.
- Ensure proper signage is posted on the construction job site, and safety requirements are met.
- Review bids for work, as well as supervising the inspection of work.
- Schedule inspections as needed along the jobs site.
- Maintain as strong a relationship as possible with local municipalities for potential future business.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
* 5+ year's experience in large scale commercial ground-up construction (education construction experience a plus)
* Complete understanding of the construction process
* Must be proficient in reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
* Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Willing to take on multiple responsibilities and complete a variety of tasks to complete projects on time
What's on Offer
The Traveling Superintendent will be offered: * $100,000 - $150,000 base salary dependent on experience
* Vehicle allowance or company truck
* Opportunity to work on a variety of projects
* Clear progression goals
* Clear communication, great work environment
* Excellent reputation in the industry
* Full Health benefits
* Employer 401K match
* Paid time off and federal holidays
* Paid maternity and paternity leave