- Join a GC with an unmatched reputation both in Metro Detroit and nationally
- Join a Design-build GC with a strong history of large ground-up builds
About Our Client
An established 50+ year old Design/Build General Contractor is seeking a Project Superintendent for work in the Taylor Michigan Market. They are looking for individuals that enjoy building and construction and taking a leadership role in their duties. Their project types include Commercial, Industrial, Automotive, Office, Municipal, Manufacturing, and Education.
The key responsibilities of the Traveling Construction Superintendent - Michigan are:
- High personnel integrity in resolving conflicts while treating persons fairly.
- Must be able to read and understand plans, specifications and the separation of work efforts.
- Be able to maintain and track and project schedule with weekly 3 week look ahead schedules.
- Have High Safety Standards with weekly safety meetings, job walks and enforcement of site safety plan, Daily Pre Task meetings.
- Inspect work for Quality and completeness and be able to communicate daily to Subcontractors.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Architects, Owner, Inspectors, Subcontractors and Office personnel.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written. Company to provide all necessary tools to accomplish this but Individuals will need to have some Computer Skills and be able to utilize them on a daily basis.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Traveling Construction Superintendent - Michigan candidate will have:
- A minimum of 10 years construction experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a lead construction superintendent
- Experience in our client's primary markets of Automotive, Commercial, Office or Industrial
- Ground up construction experience
- Project experience ranging from $10M-$30M
- A knowledge of Michigan subcontractors (A plus but not required)
What's on Offer
On offer for a Traveling Construction Superintendent - Michigan candidate is:
- A competitive base salary ranging from $100,000 - $130,000+ dependent on applicant experience
- A yearly bonus ranging from 15% - 25% of base salary depending on project performance
- Company truck or monthly vehicle allowance
- Employer provided 401k with 6% company match
- Fully employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- Employer provided permanent accommodations while traveling (Not a hotel)
- Per-diem while traveling
- Trips home 2-3 times per month
- Paid paternity or maternity leave
- 3 Weeks PTO + paid company holidays
- Strong growth potential to leadership roles