Traveling Superintendent - Cannabis Facilities
Commission for business brought in
About Our Client
Design build general contractor who has been building in the Chicagoland area for over 25 years. They specialize in commercial interiors and luxury residential renovations as well as Cannabis facilities. In the last few years, they have grown to build in 13 states across the US. Some key highlights of the company:
- Diverse portfolio of projects - luxury residential renovations on the Northshore and downtown, Cannabis dispensaries and growing facilities and commercial renovations
- 11 paid holidays
- Growing business with lots of individual growth opportunity
- Ability to earn bonuses and commission
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Superintendent will:
- Perform on-site, daily job site visits.
- Develop and maintain strong, productive trade partner and vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with engineers and architects to determine all specifications of the project.
- Review and understand architectural and engineering drawings.
Provide daily,on-site, project management and be responsible for all aspects of the project.
- Negotiate all trade and vendor pricing per project to reach profitable agreements.
Determine needed site resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to
- finish with attention to the project budget.
Plan all construction operations and schedule all work on-site to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Assist in ordering materials and supplies.
- Schedule deliveries on-site.
Provide a daily client update including project progress report and photographs; keep a
- Daily Log of what took place on-site for each project.
Communicate with the client daily about the project and be prepared to answer their questions.
- Award all trade contracts and allocate their responsibilities.
- Communicate quality and performance standards to all trade contractors and vendors.
- Strive for no-defect, no schedule delay construction.
- Supervise the work of each project on-site and provide guidance as needed.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards on the jobsite.
- Schedule municipal inspections.
- Create the Project Close Out binder.
The Successful Applicant
The Superintendent should have:
- 4+ years of experience as a Commercial Project Superintendent
- Commercial build-out and renovation REQUIRED
- Organized, resourceful, self-starter
- A passion for delivering world-class service
- Friendly and sociable, a successful relationship builder
- A goal setter who is accountable to the team and client
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Experience working with Microsoft Excel and Word, Building Connected, CMiC, FastTrack, Sage as well as other software platforms that manage our company
What's on Offer
The Superintendent will receive:
- Salaries up to $100K, dependent on experience
- Bonus and commission opportunity
- Competitive healthcare package
- Gas card
- Everything involved with travel fully covered
- Company credit card
- Cell phone
- 401K match (has been a 5% Safe Harbor historically)
- Ongoing training and continuing education
- 11 paid holidays
- Standard PTO
- Growth potential
- Company events (post COVID)
For immediate review, please apply for send your resume to Kim Kuzma.