- Chicago's leading Diversity General Contractor
- Highly competitive base salary and benefits package
About Our Client
My client is a prestigious and well respected firm out of Chicago; they are also the leading Diversity General Contractor in Chicago. With 15+ years of experience my client has a reputation for efficiency, excellence and reliability. This firm has a very strong, extensive and lucrative future pipeline. Mid sized firm with 30+ full time employees in Project Management and admin staff. Along with 25+ field personal. My client specializes in: healthcare, higher education, aviation, mulit-family, government, retail and commercial- very multifaceted. My client is very involved in the community and they are always looking to give back to the city of Chicago and their employees. They offer one of the most competitive compensation packages complete with Cell Phone Allowance, Car Allowance, and Bonus Structure (based on performance) open to all levels.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Negotiate all trade and vendor pricing per project to reach profitable agreements.
- Determine needed site resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to
- finish with attention to the project budget.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule all work on-site to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Assist in ordering materials and supplies.
- Schedule deliveries on-site.
- Provide a daily client update including project progress report and photographs; keep a daily log of what took place on-site for each project.
- Communicate with the client daily about the project and be prepared to answer their questions.
- Award all trade contracts and allocate their responsibilities.
- Communicate quality and performance standards to all trade contractors and vendors.
- Strive for no-defect, no schedule delay construction.
- Supervise the work of each project on-site and provide guidance as needed.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards on the job site.
The Successful Applicant
- 2-5 years experience of running projects on site
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team enviorment
- Experience in managing, training and developing people
- Proven ability to deliver construction projects on time and on budget
- Must be able to work in a multiple-project environment
- Ability to read and understand plans
- Technical understanding of residential construction including building codes, trade sequencing, and best building practices
- Capable of problem solving and experience with complex detailed projects
- Work with subcontractors, suppliers, utilities, city inspectors, organize and direct activities concerned with their construction projects
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, performance, and quality standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications
- Monitor and control project through managing the construction schedule and directing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget
- Investigate potentially serious situations, anticipate project delays, monitor job site safety, and implement corrective measures
What's on Offer
- Excellent career and leadership growth opportunities - add value immediately
- Great benefits packages. Base salary from ($80,000 to $110,000) based on experience
- Competitive bonus structure based on performance
- Reviews every year
- 401K Plan
- Cell Phone allowance
- Car allowance
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Join one of the most well respected, and reputable construction firms in Chicago