Traveling Superintendent - Light Industrial Construction
Stability with a reputable and established design+build GC
Amazing travel benefits and overall compensation package
About Our Client
For over 20 years, this industry-leader has delivered office, industrial, hospitality, healthcare, retail, multi-family, and specialty commercial construction projects for high-profile clients across the Midwest.
They have a reputation of producing high quality work, meeting project deadlines, respecting project budgets, and being easy to work with. Our client is passionate about earning business the right way through cultivating lasting relationships and partnering with clients to make the process as smooth as possible from start to finish.
They are well-known in the market for low staff turnover and quick progression into leadership positions. Currently, their least tenured employee has worked with the business for 5 years, demonstrating how well their treat employees and the excellent working environment they foster. Due to the company's success in recent years, high-performing employees have received generous and higher than average bonuses.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As an Industrial Superintendent you will:
- Supervise the timely and cost effective installation of the contracted work of either 1) the total project or, due to size, scale and complexity, 2) a particular scope(s), subcontractor(s), or other portion(s) of the project
- Provide on-the-job training opportunities for Assistant Superintendents and Project/Office Engineers. Encourages and/or participates in staff training and development
- Develop a plan for sequence of work. Develop project schedule. Plan and organize project work to assure all work is in place in accordance with contract documents.
- Have working knowledge of owner contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Know the submittal schedule and scheduled delivery dates for all critical path material and equipment.
- Update project schedule monthly and in accordance with contract documents.
- Control field costs and subcontract work. Supervise field work force to assure all work is put in place in the most cost efficient manner.
- Schedule and monitor field productivity.
- Implement safety policies and procedures and corporate QC policies and programs. Conduct regular safety inspections to assure all working conditions and work habits are in compliance with company, contract and government standards. Take remedial action when required.
- Assist in resolution of scope conflicts.
- Participate in the project management functions.
- Assure punch list is completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in marketing proposals and presentations
The Successful Applicant
- Construction Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience as a Superintendent
- Experience with light industrial construction is required - specifically tilt-wall and/or precast experience
- Strong Organization Skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Experience with BlueBeam, ProCore, P6 or other Project Management software
- Proficient with Microsoft and/or Google Suite
What's on Offer
- up to $145,000 base compensation
- travel perks & great travel benefits
- HIGH bonus potential
- generous PTO policy & sick days
- 8 public holidays