- Our client is a well-established commercial construction company.
- Ability to be based anywhere in the U.S.
About Our Client
Our client has offices throughout the US. They know construction market and have collaborative relationships with business leaders, municipalities and community groups. Those strong connections make the development, design and construction process easier for their customers and lead to positive outcomes for the communities in which we live and work. For our client, construction is about more than just bricks and mortar - it's about creating top-quality, enduring spaces where people can thrive. They don't simply rely on our deep construction know-how, they incorporate insights gained from their experience designing and operating buildings to create a better end result - greater impact and lasting value for their customers.
- Manage day-to-day Construction field activities to ensure that project milestone dates and overall schedule completion dates are met.
- Travel throughout the country, getting flown back home every 2 weeks.
- Review blueprints, customer needs and contractor submissions in order to execute appropriate bids.
- Lead team with construction project planning and developing site logistics.
- Monitor subcontractors to ensure quality workmanship and safety guidelines are met.
- Utilize good time management to ensure timely completion of construction projects.
- Keep daily and weekly work logs.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Work directly with investors at times and maintain a professional and client facing attitude.
- Ensure proper signage is posted on the construction job site, and safety requirements are met.
- Review bids for work, as well as supervising the inspection of work.
- Schedule inspections as needed along the jobs site.
- Maintain as strong a relationship as possible with local municipalities for potential future construction business.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven ability to deliver commercial construction projects on time and on budget.
- Must be able to work in a multiple-project environment.
- Ability to read and understand plans.
- Located in the Midwest (Chicago/Indiana/ability to TRAVEL)
- Technical understanding of residential construction including building codes, trade sequencing, and best building practices.
- Capable of problem solving and experience with complex detailed projects.
- Work with subcontractors, suppliers, utilities, city inspectors, organize and direct activities concerned with their construction projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, performance, and quality standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Monitor and control project through managing the construction schedule and directing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations, anticipate project delays, monitor job site safety, and implement corrective measures.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Individual performance bonus.
- Company performance bonus.
- Health insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Life & disability insurance.
- Travel per diem package.
- Travel stipend in addition to per diem.
- 100% coverage on lodging/hotels and logistics
- Vehicle allowance.
- 15 days PTO, + more company sick days.
- Quick yet effective on-boarding and training program, you will NOT be micromanaged.
- Ability to be based anywhere in the United States