Traveling Superintendent - Southeast USA
Top national construction firm with strong roots in the Carolinas.
Come home every other weekend, keeps you close to home, listens to you.
About Our Client
National Top ENR firm with an excellent reputation in the Carolinas region. Offices throughout this area focus on all aspects of commercial construction, building projects upwards of $15M. The Traveling Superintendent plays a major role for the Greenville office as they have projects throughout the US, though will only be expected to travel the Southeast.
- Coordinate and supervise activities of workers and construction needs for all phases.
- Inspect blueprints for determining various aspects of structure.
- Choose materials and structural units, and examining them to make sure that they not only conform with provisions of building code and local ordinance but also minimize its cost.
- Decide the order of all activities that are concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
- Assign workers to their respective duties and making sure that they have the appropriate training and tools so that they can execute their jobs accurately.
- Making sure regulatory needs and safety measures are maintained.
- Assess the most efficient way to complete a job without sacrificing quality of the work being done.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or relevant field
- 4+ years construction management experience
- OSHA certified required
- Knowledge of current building and construction codes
- Strong organization, communication (verbal and written), and problem solving skills.
If this is relevant to your background, apply within the next 24 hours for immediate consideration.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary for the industry and location
- Eligible for a discretionary bonus
- Truck allowance or company truck provided
- Credit card for fuel and travel expenses
- Living expenses covered for meals and lodging
- Fly home every other weekend
- Excellent work/life balance
- The company is out of Greenville, SC but the role is required to travel throughout the Southeast.