Excellent Bonus Potential
About Our Client
Fully integrated developer (development, construction, architecture) who specializes in light industrial projects across the United States. Some company highlights include:
- 60 people in the company (30 in Chicago), have grown in the last 8-9 years with around 40M SF of space across the country with 94% leased (almost everything they build, they own)
- ONLY do light industrial work - a lot of build-to-suit work. Sweet spot is between 100-500K SF. Bidding a couple 1M SF Jobs (tilt-up and precast)
- Perform work for companies like GE, Best Buy, Mondelez
- Upcoming projects: IN , VA, FL, CT
The Superintendent will be responsible for managing all aspects of Tilt Wall (Tilt-up)/Big Box projects including client schedules, budgets, relationships and profitability through project completion. The Commercial Construction Superintendent will also be responsible for collaborating with the Project Manager to refine, develop and update project schedules to ensure all criteria are identified and up to date.
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues.
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved.
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications.
The Successful Applicant
- 7+ years as a construction superintendent overseeing ground-up projects
- Experience leading ground up Tilt Wall (tilt-up)/Big Box projects
- Experience overseeing between 100-300M SF projects (the bigger the better)
- Comfortable leading large projects (up to 1M SF)
- Procore proficiency a plus
What's on Offer
- Salaries up to $130,000 based on experience
- Competitive per diem for travel
- Car allowance
- Excellent benefits package
- Get home once per month on company dime
- Bonus potential per project
If interested, give Kim Kuzma a call at 312-706-7947.