Working for a reputable general contractor based in Houston
Opportunity to travel
About Our Client
- Working for a reputable General Contractor with a strong project pipeline with a focus on QSR's, banks, and retail centers
- Have over thirty years of experience and do projects in multiple states along the gulf
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
A. Planning and Scheduling
- Study contract drawings, shop drawings, specifications, and quality assurance programs to fully understand design criteria for construction purposes.
- Provide critique and suggestions regarding design details to ensure buildability of project.
- Contribute to the establishment of controlling budgets and scheduling of construction activities during pre-construction meetings.
- Ensure that appropriate building permits are obtained.
B. Project Oversight
- Oversee and direct all phases of construction work at project jobsite.
- Arrange for proper size and skill-mix of crew on jobsite.
- Monitor progress schedule and take action to ensure project proceeds on established schedule.
- Order construction materials according to project specifications.
- Schedule work activities of crews and subcontractors to effectively sequence activities.
- Ensure building inspections are completed at the appropriate times.
- Oversee the maintenance and protection of company equipment.
- Determine and order tools and equipment according to project requirements in a timely manner.
- Monitor and correct all construction activities to comply with applicable municipal ordinances.
- Ensure proper and accurate job layout according to design drawings and specifications.
- Monitor job costs and take corrective action to ensure project completion within budget.
- Maintain good relationships with neighbors of jobsite.
C. Team Supervision
- Build and maintain rapport with all the team members, demonstrating leadership abilities and good judgment.
- Clearly and accurately delegate authority and responsibility to subordinates and co-workers.
- Create and maintain productive working relationships with subcontractors.
- Supervise subordinates according to labor contract specifications.
- Monitor, enforce, and maintain job safety for construction project.
- Ensure crew is informed of, and uses, safety equipment required by OSHA regulations.
- Monitor subcontractors to ensure no one is allowed onsite without an Opus signed contract, insurance, and a safety plan.
- Conduct regular jobsite safety meetings and maintain proper records and reports.
E. Quality Assurance
- Monitor construction activities and take corrective action as necessary to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure construction of the project conforms to plans and specifications, and project meets or exceeds the owner's/tenant's expectations.
- Complete punch-lists and correct all punch-list related issues.
The Successful Applicant
- Travel Required
- 5+ Years of Experience with focus on Quick Service Restaurants, Banks, Retail Center
- Construction Science or Management Degree Preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and associated software
- Experience working on smart phones and tablets
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary and benefits
- Per Diem
- Bonus structure
- Truck Allowance