- Report directly into the president
- Notable project pipeline with steady backlog of projects into 2022 and 2023
About Our Client
Our client is seeking a strong, experienced Superintendent to come in and help run some of their highest profile work. This growing General Contractor is seeking top Minnesota construction talent to help facilitate for their growth.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Assist in the development of the Master Project Schedule.
- Schedule all trade & manpower activities for efficient work flow.
- Attend pre-bid meetings & walk-throughs, as required.
- Attend trade contractor scope reviews prior to trade award.
- Track long lead items & material procurement.
- Enforce all OSHA safety rules.
- Prepare & distribute focus schedules.
- Coordinate all required inspections (municipal, material, etc.).
- Identify schedule slippage & provide a recovery plan.
- Prepare & distribute detailed Daily Construction Reports (DCRs).
- Host weekly subcontractor coordination meetings & provide detailed meeting minutes.
- Hold start-up meetings with subcontractors to review scope of work, schedule & safety requirements.
- Support logistics planning.
- Manage QA / QC program, including inspecting & approving the work product.
- Assist in the preparation of RFIs, providing recommended solutions for consideration.
- Seek opportunities to enhance project efficiency.
- Manage efficient & timely project close-out including punch list completion, as-built review, attic stock demobilization, etc.
- Maintain current OSHA required certifications (30-hour, CPR, scaffold, etc.)
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience in Construction
- TI and ground-up experience
- Easy going, self-motivated
- Proficient in the entire Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Project)
- Proven track record of effectively and efficiently managing job sites
- Strong management ability
- Member of the Carpenter's or Laborer's Union
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $85,000-$110,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Six and twelve month salary reviews
- Bonus Opportunity (Based on project performance)
- Company vehicle or allowance (truck)
- PTO-15 days with paid holidays