Urban Planning Manager/Director
Opportunity to work with a large scale project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Global project exposure
About Our Client
A leading mega project in the Kingdom
- Work closely with development team to review and endorse strategies, development programs and business cases for the Regional Plan.
- Coordinate closely with development during the draft development stage of design briefs and scopes of work to ensure those packages meet requirements and comply with relevant international Codes and Standards.
- Collaborate with colleague leaders across the team to enhance culture of design excellence, elevate the quality of design, and ensure each design cycle is correctly certified before proceeding to the next design cycle.
- Liaise closely with Directors and Managers to successfully schedule and manage the transition of key functions and information from the strategy and design phase to construction/commissioning phase.
- Work closely with Executive Director and Managers, utilising extensive architectural experience to ensure all packages are reviewed and approved before submitting for approval.
- Actively participate in the preparation and review of design briefs and scopes of work, from master planning to conceptual design to detailed design, through close coordination with other departments.
The Successful Applicant
- 20+ years extensive experience in, and understanding of, the design of mega, multidisciplinary projects, at least 10 of which as Technical Lead in design management.
- Detailed knowledge of, and fully conversant with, development of concept strategies, development programs and business cases in addition to international codes and standards e.g. IBC, SBC, BS Codes, Euro Code etc. * Proven ability to manage and prioritise multiple, design related tasks simultaneously.
- In depth understanding of business/venture strategies with ability to problem-solve and make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment, with good knowledge of technology to support business management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture/Engineering from an accredited university - Master's degree preferred with postgrad qualification in Urban Design.
- Professional registration and accreditation with Architect, Engineer or Urban Design Institute i.e. MCARB, MRIAI, RIBA, PE, MICE, PMP, SCE etc.
- Minimum 20 years' experience in the design of large, multi-disciplinary projects, with 10 years in a design management role on a complex project, preferably in the Middle East
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work with a leading project in the World