US Commercial Counsel
First US legal hire for international AI client
Role will handle a wide range of commercial legal matters
About Our Client
International technology client.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The US Commercial Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel (overseas) and be responsible for managing all US legal matters, while coordinating with international team. Responsibilities will include:
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial and technology agreements, including: license agreements, NDAs, vendor contracts, and partnership agreements
- Advise management, sales, customer success as well as finance and other company departments on legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, approval processes, company policies, procedures and negotiation strategies;
- Manage the company's US Employment Law function, handling contracts, trainings, etc.
- Advise business leaders on a wide range of legal matters in a clear and concise manner
- Interact with internal clients on a daily basis
- Manage outside counsel
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a US ABA-accredited law school OR LL.M.
- Admission to a US State Bar
- 5+ years of experience dealing with commercial contracts, technology contracts and employment law matters gained in-house at a technology company or related industry
- Experience must include transactional expertise in software, data, complex licensing, outsourcing, employment law legal experience
- Experience supporting Sales and Customer Success teams important
- High-volume technology contracts experience, drafting and negotiating technology agreements, including, consulting services agreements, IT outsourcing agreements, software license and maintenance agreements, re-seller agreements, hardware purchase agreements
- Must have experience handling employment law contracts, handling trainings and managing outside counsel
- Must have experience partnering directly with clients on a daily basis
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Willingness to communicate with international business partners and General Counsel in different time zone
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Great benefits