US Controller - Medical Device
Join a Global Business, Overseeing US Finance and Accounting Operations
Play a key role in the business's financial decisions
About Our Client
The US Controller would join a publicly traded medical device manufacturer. As one of the longest running medical device companies in Massachusetts, they offer stability and career development. The US Controller will be expected to participate in all major financial decisions of the US business, improve processes to drive growth and enhance efficiency while managing and developing the team under you. If this sounds like a position you would be interested in, please read on and apply.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The US Controller will be responsible for general accounting functions including, but not limited to:
- Participate in the development of and support the company's strategic plans
- Responsible for Financial reporting and consolidation of the businesses located in the US.
- Ensure the organization operates within all Corporate financial and compliance guidelines.
- Oversee annual audit, lending institution audits and inventory appraisals
- Monthly management information reporting including presentation of results to internal management.
- Perform SOX testing
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Master's Degree a plus
- Experience performing SOX testing and inventory accounting required
- 3+ years of Controller experience managing a team in a manufacturing environment
- Must have worked for a publicly traded company
- 8+ Years of overall Accounting Experience
- CPA a plus
What's on Offer
The US Controller will enjoy a competitive salary and bonus potential along with Medical, Vision and Dental coverage, PTO, Plus Holidays among other benefits. If you are interested, please apply or call me at (617) 824-2661.