US Financial Controller - REITs
Great working environment
Opportunity to lead a growing team
About Our Client
Our client is a fast growing real estate development, investment, capital and property management company.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Report to the Head Office's Group Financial Director as well as matrix reporting to the Country Head of US based in New York City.
- Oversee the finance operations in US office (including resources and infrastructure) and ensure its operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial and accounting matters including accounting, financial control, financial reporting, management reporting, variance analysis, business planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Work closely with outsourced service providers to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation as well as accounting operational compliance with Group policies and procedures.
- Proactive in proposing and implementing process improvements within the organization.
- Advise the local team on all finance-related matters, including on day to day operations and M&A activities.
- Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are in place to safeguard the company's interest and compliance with corporate policies (e.g. Finance SOPs, Delegation of Authority, etc).
- Liaise with Group Treasury in Headquarter and manage the local cash management and treasury matters.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (e.g. Group Tax) and also external stakeholders such as auditors and relevant government authorities to ensure compliance with accounting, tax, legislative and other regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for managing the year end group audit reporting, and local statutory reporting process to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Accountancy or its equivalent.
- Minimum 12-15 years' relevant experience with at least 5 years demonstrated experience in a controller role / head of finance position.
- Preferably with prior working experiences in the real estate industry as well as knowledge in SAP and MRI.
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS, US tax regulations.
- Hands-on experience in operational Finance matters.
- Highly computer literate with advanced computer skills and appreciation of complex IT applications and infrastructure.
- High level of integrity and initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong negotiation and communication capabilities and the presence to quickly establish credibility.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure.
- Dynamic and resilient personality with the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams and in a fast-paced environment.
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Great growth opportunity